CPCC is currently accepting applications for the position of
Web Designer/Graphic Artist (WTVI)
Job ID: req2409
Position Closing Date: May 19, 2017
General Function and Job Duties:
The candidate selected must be able to design/manage WTVI’s website, create graphics for broadcast packages/promos, and design graphics for print publications including the station’s direct mail and print ads.
* Please email links to 2-3 samples of your work to Jeffrey.firstname.lastname@example.org and put Web Designer/Graphic Artist. in the subject line.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must have proficient content management skills of WTVI’s website and other media platforms.
2. Work closely with content, marketing, underwriting and education/outreach departments.
3. Must be able to publish text, photos, video and other multi-media content via the station’s website, mobile app, and other social media platforms.
4. Familiarity with Bento CMS (Content Management System), COVE (PBS’s local-national video platform), Project Merlin (an application which sends users to content across the Public Broadcasting System), and popular streaming media players (i.e. Xbox, Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire) for automatic distribution of WTVI/PBS content.
5. Ability to design motion graphics & animation, and systematic archiving.
6. Responsible for creating show opens, supers (lower thirds), and graphics in broadcast packages as well as graphics for WTVI’s direct mail and print ads.
7. Able to operate studio cameras and/or character generator during local productions and other in-house productions as necessary.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in graphic arts, web development, or related field with 2-4 years of experience or 7 years of related work experience; must have an understanding of HTML, CSS, Java Script and basic web coding. Requires a thorough understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and analyzing web traffic (i.e. page views, time on site and bounce rate).
Experience with Ross Xpression, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite applications (i.e. Adobe Edge, Dreamweaver and FLASH) is required. Strong conceptual, creative skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively; ability to independently manage all aspects of print and broadcast production with awareness of multi-media application and integration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
Strong communications skills
Computer and office skills
Familiar with Bento CMS, COVE, Project Merlin, and streaming media players
Attention to detail
Knowledge of printing process
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment
Strong time management and organizational skills
- A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line.
- During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
- College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the "additional documents" section of the application process. Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
- All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59pm on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary for this position is $38,628 - $58,211. Pay grade for this position is J. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Contract type is Professional. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval. CPCC offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.
Located in Charlotte, N.C., Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) is a nationally recognized leader in workforce development with a commitment to teaching and learning excellence. As a learning-centered organization focusing on documented learning outcomes, the college provides high-quality programs and services within a supportive environment.
CPCC is one of the largest community colleges in the state, boasting six campuses that serve 70,000 individuals each year. The college offers more than 300 degree, diploma and certificate programs in a number of areas, including technical/vocational, health, culinary, hospitality, STEM, and professional careers, as well as a comprehensive college transfer program. The college also offers a wide selection of Corporate and Continuing Education programs and courses. These offerings are designed to address the personal, professional, organizational and economic development needs of the community and are market-inspired, growth-oriented and entrepreneurial in nature.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.