CPCC is currently accepting applications for the position of
PT Federal Work Study - Art Gallery Assistant (Art Gallery)
Job ID: req2266
Position Closing Date: February 28, 2017
General Function and Job Duties:
Perform general clerical tasks to include customer service and other administrative duties in support of the department’s daily operations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. May provide customer service by greeting visitors, answering inquiries, and explaining departmental procedures.
2. May process basic data entry or maintain logs/records.
3. May direct callers to appropriate personnel.
4. May assist students with accessing their online lab activities.
5. May assists with administering assessment tests.
6. May utilize computer systems to create and proofread documents, correspondence and reports.
7. May distribute and sort mail to appropriate destinations.
8. May file and copy documents as directed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Eligibility for Federal Work-Study Program and financial need
Current enrollment of 6 credit hours or more in an approved program
Satisfactory academic standing by maintaining a 2.0 GPA or higher
Satisfactory telephone and customer service skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
Good reading, writing and communication skills
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Ability to maintain confidential information
Ability to operate office equipment and utilizes office computer systems
Ability to work both independently and with others
Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds
Demonstrate the ability to professionally, effectively and tactfully provide services to students, administration, faculty and the general public
- A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line.
- During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
- College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the "additional documents" section of the application process. Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
- All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59pm on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary for this position is $9.00hr. Initial placement for new employees is customarily at entry level through 25% percentile. Contract type is Classified. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval. CPCC offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Education Benefits, Disability and more.
Located in Charlotte, N.C., Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) is a nationally recognized leader in workforce development with a commitment to teaching and learning excellence. As a learning-centered organization focusing on documented learning outcomes, the college provides high-quality programs and services within a supportive environment.
CPCC is one of the largest community colleges in the state, boasting six campuses that serve 70,000 individuals each year. The college offers more than 300 degree, diploma and certificate programs in a number of areas, including technical/vocational, health, culinary, hospitality, STEM, and professional careers, as well as a comprehensive college transfer program. The college also offers a wide selection of Corporate and Continuing Education programs and courses. These offerings are designed to address the personal, professional, organizational and economic development needs of the community and are market-inspired, growth-oriented and entrepreneurial in nature.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.